Technical Content Manager / Writer
Alltech Consulting Services, Inc.
Montreal, QC (Canada)
Category: Copyrighting / Content
Role: Technical Content Manager / Technical Content Writer - Policy and Procedures
The Technology Workplace Support Services (WSS) team provides technology support to the company end user community. As part of these services, WSS is responsible and accountable for the end-to-end IT asset lifecycle, from procurement through disposal. It is critical to the Firm that accurate asset recording; inventory and auditing become part of the culture of WSS.
Reporting, auditing and continuous improvement are also part of the IT Asset Management vision.
Candidate(s) for the role(s) are expected to take ownership of creating, defining, maintaining and accountability in writing the policy and procedures for the WSS Asset Management org as well as future updates. In addition, the individual(s) will support the WSS Asset Management team in creating their runbooks and operational procedures based off our policy and procedures, be responsible for overall governance and creation of associated training and adherence to the training.
Running meetings with key stakeholders to address questions and ensure our policy and procedures are up to standards and driving the decision making and technical writing of our procedures will be a core part of the day-to-day duties. The individual(s) should have both technical and communication (written and verbal) skills and exhibit keen attention to detail. Individual(s) in this role must be motivated and intrigued to dive into areas, working with various teams in support services, infrastructure and development areas. Must have excellent organizational and time management skills to manage multiple streams of work. Background/risk related experience and policy/technical risk accountability within an investment bank would best position this candidate(s) for success.
- Interaction with various members across the WSS Asset Management team
-Run meetings with key stakeholders driving the discussion, decision making, taking ownership of issues and accountable for remediation
- Work with the global team to write policies and procedures related to IT hardware asset management, execute and enhance them
- Understand, articulate and implement policies and procedures within the team and establish new and/or updated processes, goals, scope and/or tooling
- Communicate and provide training/education to teams who perform asset movement (e.g. groups outside of WSS, large scaled project teams, new WSS team members)
-Establish and maintain documentation for operational processes that align with the Firm's policies and procedures
- Build a process to review updates with the WSS Asset Management team's policies in order to update operational documentation, when required
-Ensure all support processes (both project and business as usual) include policies and procedures as necessary and manage the implementation into workflows
- Tracking, reporting and escalation of issues and independent procedure and accountability
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years' experience in technology or technology troubleshooting environment
- Bachelor's degree and/or extensive relevant experience
- Technical writing skills experience a must
-Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
-Excellent verbal and written communications skills
-Proficient in other MS-Office productivity applications
-Proficient in Share Point, Jive and Microsoft Teams
Nice to have:
- Knowledge in Asset Management and Decommissioning
- Knowledge of running a policy team or worked with a development group where they owned all the policy creation and procedures with that group
- Experience in the financial industry is a plus